Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Fried honey bananas

You may have noted I haven't been listing deserts with my new diet. partially because I have been avoiding sugar, and partially because I have just been eating fresh fruit from produce boxes, but check this out!!!



Pan Fried Honey Bananas

This serves 1
1 slightly under ripe banana, sliced
1 tbs honey
Cinnamon
Olive or coconut oil

Lightly drizzle oil in a skillet over medium heat. Arrange banana slices in pan and cook for 1-2 min on each side.

Meanwhile, whisk together honey and 1 tbs water. Remove pan from heat and pour honey water over banana.

Allow to cool and sprinkle with cinnamon.
____________________


Update, I tried these and they were messy and mushy and sickeningly sweet. After going no sugar for a couple weeks then trying these it was just too much! However if you have a huge sweet tooth try them with Mexican Plantains, I here that is the trick over the bananas you normally find in stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment