Saturday, July 27, 2013

Menu for the coming week

Last week I only picked out 4 meals to make for the week, but... I only had $31 for produce, fresh chevre and fresh raw goat milk. And $40 for the rest the produce and meat. Also the one bad thing about produce boxes is you get a prediction for the coming week each Friday but can;t pick up till Monday. So if you are out of stuff you need on Friday you really can;t do much till Monday. The other issue is some times what was predicted to be in the box is switched out due to things not being available. Last weeks was predicted to have corn, so I bought cabbage, but the corn was swapped out for cabbage, meaning I kinda bought cabbage twice, the good bit was having just bought cabbage I left my co-op head for some one else. :) This week the only ingredient predicted for the box I really need is green onions, I plan to do my weeks shopping this weekend so if they aren't in the box I will be scrambling. Over all it was a fairly tight week and this week I am needing to expand our menu to make it through.

Last week was
* Meat Loaf, made from stuff we had on hand, no shopping needed but also no left overs.
* Tomato soup with cottage cheese, this gave me several meals but was finally finished off by Wednesday.
* Meat balls with fried cabbage, this never makes enough, we had one meal from this and then lots of snacking finished off the rest.
* Cabbage soup, while this was very tasty but honestly not hearty enough, my body burns through it so fast it needs to be fallowed up by something more substantial. It is a better starter than a  whole meal. On a tight budget and restricted diet the issue with this is by weeks end the toddler has finished off all the cottage cheese and yogurt so I am left hungry all day despite eating.

The idea for this week is more food less hunger.

So here is the menu and this weeks plan.

* Kohlrabi Casserole
* Mushroom Pizza Bites
* Stuffed Chicken rolls with creamed spinach
* Paleo Ravioli
* Salmon with broccoli or cauliflower in cheese sauce

Though we have lots of fruits on hand the high sugar levels don't keep me stable feeling. So the plan for this week is more yogurt and more than one tub of cottage cheese!

I also plan to use the pizza bites to supplement the soup till it;s finished off. And by then I will have my milk stocked back up as well as the rest of our food via produce box.

So that is my struggle  and where my progression on this food journey stands. I hope my experiences may help you on your journey as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment