Friday, July 26, 2013

A few favorite snacks

I wanted to give a very quick list of a few favorite snacks, and how I never feel like I am starving, or get blood sugar crashes any more.

2 heaping spoon fulls plain organic Greek yogurt
Fresh, raw, local honey drizzled across the top
A splash of organic apple cider vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
Dill to taste

Stir till well mixed, use as a dip on fresh raw veg, some of my favorites are bell peppers, cucumbers, and carrots.

_______________________________________

Cottage cheese with herbs and spices.

I like three heaping spoons of organic cottage cheese with a variety of spices on it. Anything from just salt and pepper, to cumin, paprika and garlic powder. Or some times turmeric, paprika and curry.

_______________________________________

I like fruit flavored Greek yogurts. A favorite is two heaping spoons of lemon and two heaping spoons of blue berry. But really any will do, even better with fresh berries in it. There usually are no berries left fr mom with a  toddler around though.

_______________________________________

6 minute eggs

We have hens so never a short supply of fresh, free range, organic eggs about. The biggest issue is getting them to peal. Best trick is to wait till they are at least 3 days old, the older the egg the easier it peals, and to steam not boil.

My daughter loves eggs in any form, but boiled is her favorite, however she doesn't like a hard yolk, the answer? The 6 minute egg! Hard enough to peal, still has a soft gooey center she loves.

A favorite snack around here is two 6 minute eggs each with a small glass of fresh raw goat milk.

______________________________________

Apple slices and other fresh fruits.

I will cut up and apple in the morning and pop it in the fridge. If I feel hungry or want something to snack on I grab an apple or two and munch them real quick.

Other favorites my daughter and I love are nectarines, pluots, tangerines, grapes, and what ever other great produce has come in that weeks box.


______________________________________

Well thats what we have been snacking on regularly in my house. I am sure I will think of more to share latter, and I am sure that our staples will shift with the seasons. I hope this helps you get some ideas and inspires you.

No comments:

Post a Comment