Sunday, August 11, 2013

Saved from junk food smoothy

So I have been at the local Scandinavian festival all day, I did not cave, I did not fall off the food wagon, but I did smell and stare at ice cream, funnel cakes, corn dogs, meat pies, elephant ears, and the list of no no foods goes on. Pastries of fried awesome everywhere I turned!

So get home and I am craving starch, wheat and sugar! My answer? Smoothy!

We had frozen strawberries from our early summer crop, and fresh blackberries from well yesterday, lol, and fresh blueberries from the store, some raw local honey, some Greek yogurt and some raw goats milk, through in some spices and nom! So here it is....



Small handful blueberries
Small handful blackberries
Large handful frozen strawberries
(Any combo of fresh and frozen fruit or berries would work.)
Two spoonfuls of honey (One would do but some of the berries were a bit tart.)
Three spoonfuls yogurt
Enough milk to cover half the contents
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
small pinch nutmeg



Blend



Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment