Friday, January 6, 2012

Truffles

Ok so I haven't posted in a while, uh like a year, haha. SO I am more than a  little behind . So here to make it up to you I will share some recipes and some bloggy yummy goodness.

These truffles are super easy and oh so good!

3 cups of chocolate chips

1 package cream cheese

3 cups of powdered sugar

Flavor to taste

Mix all ingredients except chocolate (I usually make a double batch and divide it up depending on my flavors. Peppermint and orange are my two fav, but you can also do almond for cherry and coconut or any other flavor you think of. I bet maple would be really good.)

Melt your chocolate in a double boiler thingy or in a metal bowl over hot water. Stirring frequently to prevent burning.

Mix chocolate into your cream mix.

Let it cool so you don't burn your hands and roll into balls.

You are then going to want to roll your balls in something, I like just powdered sugar, but you can do cocoa, coconut or anything powdery and tasty.

You can also chill these truffles then dip into melted chocolate for a layered truffle. Which is excellent with white chocolate centers and a milk chocolate shell.

Set balls on parchment paper covered baking tray and pop into fridge or freezer till chilled and firm.

I usually tick them in the freezer after I fill a tray, then they are set by the time I finish the next tray and ready for bags.

Remember to store them in the fridge. Chocolate and cream cheese do not like the freezer. And they won't last long enough for storage to be much issue!

I forgot to get pictures when I made these so just picture little balls of chocolate heaven!

All Photos in this blog are the soul property of Full Knitted Jacket. Please contact me for permission before using any images from my blogs. All recipes and directions, unless other wise specified, are my personal recipes. Please do not copy or redistribute these recipes, instead please share this blogs link. Please enjoy these recipes while remembering they are the creative property of some one else. All  product designs, descriptions, recipes, directions, and images copyright Lae Morae / Adina Higdon and Full Knitted Jacket unless other wise specified.  All rights reserved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment